We recognize that your employees are an important foundation to the success of your business. Creating a safe work environment is a top priority for you. When an accident occurs, it becomes our top priority to work with you and help your employee recover and return back to work.
Berkley Oil & Gas can provide Workers Compensation coverage in all states, including the monopolistic states. We understand operations within the “oil patch” and can provide coverage often required by these operations such as Alternate Employer, Foreign Voluntary Workers Compensation; and federal coverage, including U.S. Longshore and Harbor Workers Compensation Act (USL&H) and Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act (OCS) coverages and if any Maritime Employers Liability (MEL).
We offer more than just a policy. Our underwriting and risk services professionals can provide you with the tools and resources you need to understand your exposures, address potential losses, and successfully manage your modifier and your Total Recordable Incident Rate. Other benefits to you of Berkley Oil & Gas providing your Workers Compensation coverage include the following:
- Working with an experienced underwriting team focused exclusively on oil & gas and related energy operations,
- Risk services professionals that can provide practical assistance with managing risk, to include return to work programs, safety training, and assessments by industrial hygienists,
- Various flexible payment options, including Monthly Reporting or Direct Bill
- On-line Workers Compensation posting notices and state reporting forms, and
- Dedicated premium audit specialists experienced in handling these types of operations to assist you with classification and reporting the correct payroll by state.
Claims are managed in a focused, proactive manner for a prompt and effective resolution. Our claims professionals work with you and in tandem with our in-house Telephonic Nurse Case Manager and our retained field Medical Case Managers. Reduced caseloads for our claim adjusters are paramount to ensure we are able to devote the time required to manage your claims timely and effectively. Specific claims services provided as a benefit to you include the following:
- In-house claim handling and cost containment services, including nurse case management, medical bill audit and fraud investigation,
- Medical case management services which ensure appropriate care to your injured employee, including coordination of care and return to work assistance through onsite registered nurses in multiple state jurisdictions, and
- Subrogation/Recovery pursued by the claims professional and not a third party vendor.